Volunteer training opportunities are offered throughout the year. The volunteer training session is about 1 hour in duration and prepares volunteers for a variety of Family Promise volunteer opportunities. It also introduces volunteers to the many programs and services of Family Promise of Lawrence.
Upcoming Volunteer Training Sessions:
We offer volunteer training at least monthly at the Family Promise of Lawrence Day Center and other locations and post the schedule on this page. Contact us if you would like to participate, if have questions or if you would like to schedule a special training session for your church or group.
- No July training
- Monday, August 7, 2017 – Day Center, 905 Tennessee 6–7 pm
- Monday, September 11, 2017 – Day Center, 905 Tennessee 6–7 pm
- Monday, October 2, 2017 – Day Center, 905 Tennessee 6–7 pm
- Monday, November 6, 2017 – Day Center, 905 Tennessee 6–7 pm
- Monday, December 4, 2017 – Day Center, 905 Tennessee 6–7 pm
Other Training Scheduled:
A workshop and discussion led by C2C volunteer and former mental health nurse Paula Dupigny Leigh.
- What if you have any concerns as a volunteer?
- How to communicate concerns with FPL staff?
- How to talk with guests about difficult issues as a volunteer?
- What are the resources available for help?
- What to watch for and how to ask about self-harm and suicide?
Other Training – To Be Scheduled:
- Boundaries Training
- Trauma Informed Care Awareness and Training
- When Helping Hurts
- Graduate Family Panels: Understanding the Guest Perspective
- Domestic Violence 101
If you do not see additional training opportunities that meet your schedule, please check back soon or contact us for further information.