Family Promise of Lawrence COVID-19 Update
March 20, 2020
The Family Promise of Lawrence staff and board leadership is working to wisely respond to the unfolding coronavirus crisis in our community.
We have moved to our Phase III level of Response to the COVID-19 Crisis. What does that mean for our programs and services?
- We are still actively working with clients in all our programs
- Our Day Center is closed except for limited hours, by appointment only
- We have suspended our Congregation Rotation Program and families are sheltered elsewhere with hosting congregations providing the family meals
- Our direct case management meetings are continuing using remote and electronic communication tools
- Intakes are continuing through our Diversion Program – helping families navigate the enormous complications and needs during this crisis
- We are using our HUMI funding to help provide financial and case management supports to help families move quickly into housing
- Each of our 13 Temporary Housing units is occupied with families in need
As I mentioned last week, the work at FPL will continue throughout this difficult situation and it will change and adapt as necessary. Funds are urgently needed. Would you please consider additional financial support of our work at FPL during these difficult days? Our critical mission continues, to safely serve vulnerable children and their families.