What is the HUMI Grant?
- A national partnership with Family Promise and HUMI, a Washington state-based nonprofit working with communities to fund and create programs to help families facing housing crises
- A Challenge Grant opportunity for our local community to fund a sustainable prevention and rehousing program for families facing homelessness
- A key part of the FPL Prevention Program
- A model of supportive case management and community funding to ensure self sufficiency and permanent sustainable housing
- The goals of the HUMI Challenge Grant are to:
- Prevent family evictions
- Assist families with move-in costs
- Families stay housed and avoid the crisis of homelessness, or get back into housing with supportive services
The HUMI program has grown into the Housing Stabilization Collaborative. You can learn more about the HSC here
How Does HUMI Work?
- The Challenge Grant funds are used for:
- Rental assistance
- Housing arrears
- Move-in expenses
- Security deposits
- Family Promise of Lawrence provides supportive case management
- Families eligible for HUMI have access to all other program offerings at Family Promise of Lawrence
- A Working Group manages the HUMI program, monitors funding and reports outcomes. The working group includes National office participation from Family Promise and HUMI representatives along with our local FPL affiliate.
How Can You Help?
Please consider supporting the HUMI Program by one or several of the options below:
- Financially support the program with a designated gift to FPL to support the HUMI Challenge Grant
- Tell your friends about this program! Help us get the word out and help these families achieve sustainable housing!
- Organize an event to learn about Family Promise Programs through your congregation, business, civic organization, small group or home with friends and family and invite us in to talk about local family homelessness and the FPL response from prevention through crisis and into sustainability!
If you are interested in learning more, in supporting HUMI or helping in some way please, contact Dana at firstname.lastname@example.org.